Follow us and tweet to win one of 12 $50 gift cards to the University Bookstore!
How It Works:
- Follow us the University Health Center on Twitter @UNLHealthCenter
- Tag us in a tweet about your NSE experience and include the official summer NSE hashtag #UNLNSE
- You’re entered into the drawing! We will contact you by direct message if you are a winner
There are two winners every week!
No purchase necessary. A purchase or payment of any kind will not increase your chance of winning.
- Eligibility: Participation in the Sweepstakes is open only to incoming University of Nebraska-Lincoln freshman who begin classes in the fall of 2017. (Such eligible participant an “Entrant”). Void where prohibited or restricted by law. Each Entrant, by participating in this Sweepstakes, certifies that they have read these Official Rules prior to entering and agrees to be bound by these Official Rules and the decisions of the University Health Center (“Program Manager”), 1500 U Street, Lincoln, NE 68588-0618. The Sweepstakes is subject to all applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations. Employees of the Program Manager and each of their immediate family members (spouse, parents, children and siblings, and their respective spouses, regardless of where they live) and individuals living in the same households of the above, whether or not related are not eligible to enter or receive Prizes. The Program Manager, at its sole discretion, reserves the right to disqualify any individual who tampers with the entry process, does not comply with the Official Rules, or if the Program Manager suspects fraud or abuse. The Program Manager also reserves the right to modify or suspend this Sweepstakes at any time, for any reason.
- To Enter: The Sweepstakes begins on May 31, 2017 at 6:00:00 AM Central Time (“CT”) and ends on July 10, 2017 at 8:00:00 AM CT. During this period, there will six (6) “Entry Periods.” Entry Periods are as follows: Entry Period 1 begins at 6:00:00 AM CT on May 31, 2017 and ends at 12:00:00 AM CT on June 5, 2017; Entry Period 2 begins at 12:01:00 AM CT on June 5, 2017 and ends at 12:00:00 AM CT on June 12, 2017; Entry Period 3 begins at 12:01:00 AM CT on June 12, 2017 and ends at 12:00:00 AM CT on June 19, 2017; Entry Period 4 begins at 12:01:00 AM CT June 19, 2017 and ends at 12:00:00 AM CT on June 26, 2017; Entry Period 5 begins at 12:01:00 AM CT on June 27, 2017 and ends at 12:00:00 AM CT on July 3, 2017; and Entry Period 6 begins at 12:01:00 AM CT on July 6, 2017 and ends at 8:00:00 on July 10, 2017. To enter, an Entrant, who meets the eligibility requirements explained in the Official Rules, must (i) follow the University Health Center on Twitter and (ii) send a tweet about their experience at the University of Nebraska-Lincoln summer New Student Enrollment using #UNLNSE and tag the University Health Center (@UNLHealthCenter) in the tweet. All entries must be entered and submitted by the end of the related Entry Period. All content should meet the expectations of the law and the University of Nebraska-Lincoln Student Code of Conduct. Violations may be adjudicated. The Program Manager is not responsible for and will not consider incomplete or incorrect entries. The Program Manager is not responsible for entries that are submitted but not received for any reason. If the Entrant’s Twitter account is private, the University Health Center cannot view the post and therefore the entry is invalid and won’t be entered into the Sweepstakes. Only one (1) account per individual can be used to enter the contest. Any Entrant caught using multiple accounts to enter will be ineligible and runs the risk of having all of their accounts suspended by Twitter. Multiple tweets with #UNLNSE does not increase an Entrant’s chance of winning. If an Entrant tweets multiple tweets with #UNLNSE and has followed the University Health Center on Twitter, the Entrant will only be entered into the Sweepstakes once. Submission of an entry constitutes the Entrant’s consent to participate in the Sweepstakes and to be contacted by the Program Manager. By participating, the Entrant acknowledges that the contest is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by Twitter itself. The information participants provide for the contest is being provided to the Program Manager and not to Twitter. By participating in the sweepstakes, Entrants agree to release, discharge and hold harmless the Program Manager, its respective parents, affiliates, subsidiaries, advertising and promotion agencies, and other individuals engaged in the development or execution of this Sweepstakes, from any liability, claims, losses, and damages arising out of or relating to their participation in this Sweepstakes or the acceptance, use, misuse or possession of any Prize received in this Sweepstakes.
- Winner Selection: On or about the week following the end of each Entry Period, (each a “Drawing Date”) two (2) potential winners will be selected by the Program Manager in a random drawing from among all eligible entries received during such Entry Period or any preceding Entry Period (each a “Potential Winner”). The drawing will be conducted under the direction of the Program Manager, whose decisions are final and binding in all matters related to the Sweepstakes.
- Winner Notification and Alternate Winners: The Potential Winner will be notified by Twitter direct message. It is anticipated that the Program Manager will attempt to notify the Potential Winner within seven (7) days after the Drawing Date. The Potential Winner is subject to eligibility verification by the Program Manager. A Potential Winner may need to sign a form or provide other documentation acknowledging their eligibility to participate in the Sweepstakes and compliance with these Official Rules. In addition, Potential Winners will be required to share their NU ID# and address with the University Health Center so the Prize can be mailed accordingly. A Potential Winner is not the winner of the Prize and the Potential Winner will not have any right, title or interest in a Prize, unless and until the Entrant’s eligibility has been verified, the Entrant has been notified that verification is complete and a plan for shipping the Prize has been established, at which point such Potential Winner will be deemed a winner (a “Winner”). A Prize may be awarded to an alternate Potential Winner (selected in a random drawing from among all remaining eligible entries) if (i) the Potential Winner is not compliant with the Official Rules; (ii) a Potential Winner does not acknowledge receipt of notice regarding being chosen a Potential Winner within four (4) days after the notice is sent to the Potential Winner; (iii) the Prize notifications are returned as undeliverable; or (iv) three good faith attempts to contact the Potential Winner by Twitter direct message are unsuccessful.
- Prize: Each Winner will receive a $50 gift card to the University Bookstore (“Prize”). Allow 21 days from the date a Potential Winner is deemed a Winner for the Prize to be mailed to the Winner. The Program Manager is responsible only for the delivery of the Prize and is not responsible for Prize utility or otherwise. The Prize may be considered income, and any and all taxes and fees resulting from the receipt of a Prize are the responsibility of the Winner. Please consult your own tax advisor regarding the tax consequences of accepting the Prize. Prizes awarded are not redeemable for cash. The Prize is nontransferable. No substitution for a Prize will be made at the request of winner. The Program Manager reserves the right to substitute a Prize of similar value. Prizes are awarded to the Winner or, in cases of approval from the Program Manager, to a designee of the contest winner. Prizes cannot be sold or traded. The total retail value of all Prizes given is $600. No more than the stated number of Prizes will be awarded. In the event that production, technical, programming or any other reasons cause more than the stated number of Prizes, as set forth in these Official Rules to be available and/or claimed, the Program Manager reserves the right to award only the stated number of Prizes by a random drawing among all legitimate, un-awarded, eligible Prize claims.
- Odds: The odds of winning a Prize depend on the total number of eligible entries received during each Entry Period and the Sweepstakes Period.
- Release: Each Entrant agrees, except where prohibited by law, to release and discharge, hold harmless and indemnify the Program Manager and all others associated with the development and execution of this Sweepstakes, from any and all tax liability that may be imposed or associated with receipt or use of the Prize, and from and against any and all claims, actions, proceedings, and liability for any damages, expenses, fees, injury, or losses sustained in connection with the Sweepstakes or acceptance, possession, use, misuse or nonuse of the Prize.
- Publicity: Except where prohibited by law, by entering the Sweepstakes, or by winning or by accepting a Prize, Entrants grant the Program Manager and its designees the right to publicize the Entrant’s first and last name, Twitter handle, photograph, image, likeness, voice, statements and certain biographical information in all manner and media, worldwide and in perpetuity, for advertising, marketing, trade and promotion purposes, worldwide and in perpetuity, in any and all forms of media, now known or hereafter devised (including, without limitation, the Internet), without additional compensation, and without opportunity for review.
- Limitations of Liability: The Program Manager is not responsible for technical, computer, mechanical, printing, typographical, human or other errors relating to, or in connection with the Sweepstakes, including, without limitation errors which may occur in connection with the administration of the Sweepstakes, the receipt or processing of entries, the announcement of the Prizes or in any Sweepstakes related materials; or for lost, late, misdirected, incomplete, inaccurate, undelivered, delayed or illegible entries; or for electronic, computer, or cellphone malfunction or error, fail to enter into the processing system, or are processed, reported or transmitted late or incorrectly, or are lost for any reason, including computer or cellphone transfer or human or other error. If, in the Program Manager’s opinion, there is any suspected or actual evidence of tampering with any portion of the Sweepstakes, or if computer viruses, bugs, unauthorized intervention, fraud, or technical difficulties or failures compromise or corrupt or affect the administration, integrity, security, fairness or proper conduct of the Sweepstakes, the Program Manager, at its sole discretion, reserves the right to disqualify any individual who tampers with the entry process, and/or void any entries submitted fraudulently, to modify or suspend the Sweepstakes, or to terminate the Sweepstakes and award the Prize using all eligible, non-suspect transactions received as of the termination date. As a condition of entering the Sweepstakes, Entrants agree that (i) under no circumstances will Entrants be permitted to obtain awards for, and Entrants hereby waive all rights to claim, punitive, incidental, consequential or any other damages, other than for actual out-of-pocket expenses; (ii) all causes of action arising out of or connected with this Sweepstakes or the Prize awarded, shall be resolved individually without resort to any form of class action; and (iii) any and all claims, judgments and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred and, in no event, shall Entrant be entitled to receive attorneys’ fees or other legal costs. The Program Manager reserves the right to modify Prize award procedures. This Sweepstakes and these Official Rules shall be interpreted in accordance with the laws of the State of Nebraska, without regard to its principles of conflicts of law and jurisdiction, and venue shall be solely within the State of Nebraska.
- Entrant’s Personal Information: Information collected from Entrants will be maintained by the Program Manager and its representatives in accordance with applicable federal and state privacy laws, rules and regulations.
- Winners’ Names: For the names of the Winners (available on or about the week following each Entry Period), send your request and a separate self-addressed, stamped envelope, to: University Health Center, Attn: New Student Enrollment Twitter Contest, 1500 U Street, PO Box 880618, Lincoln, NE 68588-0618.
- Program Manager: University Health Center, 1500 U Street, PO Box 880618, Lincoln, NE 68588-0618