Patient assistance programs are run by pharmaceutical companies. These programs help patients who qualify receive medication free of charge or at a reduced rate. Qualifications vary from company to company, but most are based on income and lack of prescription coverage.
The Health Center offers enrollment assistance at no charge. Call 402-472-5000 for more information.
Below are sites which provide a directory of available programs for a variety of needs:
- www.needymeds.org - NeedyMeds has information on medicine health care assistance programs.
- www.rxassist.org - RxAssist offers a comprehensive database of patient assistance programs, as well as practical tools, news, and articles so that health care professionals and patients can find the information they need.
- www.pparx.org - Through this site, the Partnership for Prescription Assistance offers a single point of access to more than 475 public and private patient assistance programs, including more than 180 programs offered by pharmaceutical companies. To access the Partnership for Prescription Assistance by phone, you can call toll-free, 1-888-4PPA-NOW (1-888-477-2669).
- To be eligible for the rebate, you must be between the ages of 19-26
- Rebate forms postmarked more than 120 days after the date of your GARDASIL injection are not eligible for the rebate.
- You must submit an original rebate form and a copy of the Explanation of Benefits (EOB) document you received from your health insurance company (that indicates the out-of-pocket cost of GARDASIL to be more than $30).
- To obtain a rebate form, please schedule a UHC nurse appointment by calling 402-472-5000. Please bring your Explanation of Benefits (EOB) document with you to your appointment.
For more information on the patient rebate program for Gardasil, click here.