Health Promotion and Outreach provides health and wellness education to support students' academic success by creating opportunities for students to become more aware and better educated in order to make more informed choices. We utilize educational programs to advocate for health and wellness on various topics and behaviors that can prevent disease, injuries and other health problems. We are firm believers that the healthier our students are, the better their educational experiences will be and the more likely they will graduate and achieve their goals.
Health Promotion and Outreach Staff
Kirsten Licht, MS
Health Promotions AnalystContact: 402-472-7542 or email@example.com
- Master of Science in Leadership Education, University of Nebraska–Lincoln
- Bachelor of Science in Family Science, University of Nebraska–Lincoln
- Brief Alcohol Screening Intervention for College Students (BASICS)
- Marijuana Educational Counseling
- Tobacco Cessation Education
Jamie Porter, MA
Health Promotions AnalystContact: firstname.lastname@example.org
- M.A. in Counseling Psychology, University of Nebraska–Lincoln
- B.A. in Psychology and Spanish, University of Nebraska–Lincoln
Jamie joined UHC in 2016. Her areas of interest in health promotion include sexual health, sexual and relationship violence prevention, bystander intervention, body and sex positivity. In her spare time, she enjoys spending time with her friends and family (including her 2 cats), listening to live music, and reading.
LaKaija Johnson, MPH
Health Promotions AnalystContact: 402-472-7442 or email@example.com
- Master of Public Health, University of Arkansas for Medical Sciences
- Master of Public Service, University of Arkansas Clinton School of Public Service
- Bachelor of Science, Biology, Philander Smith College
LaKaija joined the University Health Center in 2016. She is passionate about public health and health promotion. LaKaija's main role is equipping the Wellness Advocates with the tools they need to serve as true health resources for their peers on campus.