University of Nebraska-Lincoln Health Requirements - For International Students
- Proof of two rubeola measles/MMR immunizations or positive rubeola lab result
- A copy of your health care provider immunization record is required to show proof of two MMRs; OR
- Positive rubeola lab report
- A tuberculosis test done at the University Health Center
Tuberculosis Test Done at the UHC
- Required of all international students – NO EXCEPTIONS
- A chest X-ray and physician visit is required if the test is positive
The cost of all procedures to meet the health requirement is the responsibility of the student. Go to Prices for current UHC prices.
Check-In in Room 209 - Bring your immunization records with you when you get your tuberculosis test done.
If your records cannot be found, you have these options:
- Receive two rubeola measles/MMR immunizations at the UHC scheduled 30 days apart. Must have an appointment; call 402-472-5000 to schedule an appointment; OR
- Have a rubeola blood test drawn at the UHC Lab. An appointment to have the test done is not required. A negative test result requires two rubeola measles/MMR immunizations.
Meningococcal disease is a rare infection with potentially devastating results. The vaccine is recommended for first year students living in university residences but is not required by the University of Nebraska-Lincoln. For more information on Meningococcal disease and vaccine available here.