New University of Nebraska-Lincoln International Students need to meet the following requirement:
Proof of two rubeola measles/MMR immunizations or positive rubeola lab result
- A copy of your school immunization record or health care provider immunization record is required to show proof of two MMRs; OR
- Positive rubeola lab report
If you are unable to submit your immunization record online, submit by:
- Fax: 402-472-7333
- OR E-mail: Pre-Enrollment Health Requirement (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- OR Bring a copy of your immunization record with you to NSE
If your records cannot be found, you have these options:
- Receive two rubeola measles/MMR immunizations at the UHC scheduled 30 days apart. Must have an appointment; call 402-472-5000 to schedule an appointment; OR
- Have a rubeola blood test drawn at the UHC Lab. An appointment to have the test done is not required. A negative test result requires two rubeola measles/MMR immunizations.
Tuberculosis Test Done at the UHC
- Required of all international students – NO EXCEPTIONS
- An appointment for the tuberculosis test is not required
- The tuberculosis test can be completed Monday through Friday from 8:00 A.M. to 2:15 P.M.
- Students need to check in for this test in Room 209 at the University Health Center
- A chest X-ray and physician visit is required if the test is positive
The cost of all procedures to meet the health requirement is the responsibility of the student. Go to Prices for current UHC prices.
Meningococcal disease is a rare infection with potentially devastating results. The vaccine is recommended for first year students living in university residences but is not required by the University of Nebraska-Lincoln. For more information on Meningococcal disease and vaccine available here.
- Required of all International Students
- UNL will automatically enroll Graduate Assistants & International Students (F1 and J1) in the UNL Healthy Option Student Insurance Plan
- You may waive the insurance plan if you show documentation of a comparable medical insurance plan - Proof consists of a plan in your name and the document must be in English
- Waive deadline is the 14th day of classes each semester