New University of Nebraska-Lincoln International Students need to meet the following requirements:
- Proof of two rubeola measles/MMR immunizations or positive rubeola lab result
- A copy of your health care provider immunization record is required to show proof of two MMRs; OR
- Positive rubeola lab report
- A tuberculosis test done at the University Health Center
Tuberculosis Test Done at the UHC
- Required of all international students – NO EXCEPTIONS
- A chest X-ray and physician visit is required if the test is positive
The cost of all procedures to meet the health requirement is the responsibility of the student. Go to Prices for current UHC prices.
Fall 2014 Tuberculosis Testing Dates
The deadline to get your test done is October 3, 2014.
An appointment for the tuberculosis test is not required.
Students need to check in for this test in Room 209 at the University Health Center.
- August 14 to October 3: Monday-Friday 8-3pm
- Special Days: Saturday, September 6 & Saturday, September 13
Come at 9am OR 10am OR 11am
Bring your immunization records with you when you get your tuberculosis test done.
You can also submit your immunization records online:
If you are unable to submit your immunization record online, submit by:
- Fax: 402-472-7333
- OR E-mail: Pre-Enrollment Health Requirement (email@example.com)
- OR Bring a copy of your immunization record with you to NSE
If your records cannot be found, you have these options:
- Receive two rubeola measles/MMR immunizations at the UHC scheduled 30 days apart. Must have an appointment; call 402-472-5000 to schedule an appointment; OR
- Have a rubeola blood test drawn at the UHC Lab. An appointment to have the test done is not required. A negative test result requires two rubeola measles/MMR immunizations.
Meningococcal disease is a rare infection with potentially devastating results. The vaccine is recommended for first year students living in university residences but is not required by the University of Nebraska-Lincoln. For more information on Meningococcal disease and vaccine available here.
- Required of all International Students
- UNL will automatically enroll Graduate Assistants & International Students (F1 and J1) in the StudentBlue Student Health Insurance
- You may waive the insurance plan if you show documentation of a comparable medical insurance plan - Proof consists of a plan in your name and the document must be in English
- Waive deadline is the 14th day of classes each semester