The University Health Center is partially funded through student fees. Therefore, many services are for student use only. These services include:
- Primary Care Clinic (including triage nurse)
- Designated Specialty Clinics
- Counseling and Psychological Services
What Do I Do If A......Student/Staff/Faculty has a medical emergency? (For example - chest pain, loss of consciousness, seizure, etc.)
- Call 9-911 if you are on-campus.
- Have the student call the UHC at 472-5000 to schedule an appointment or send them over to be seen by the triage nurse.
- Have the student call Counseling and Psychological Services (CAPS) at the UHC at 472-7450. If it is a crisis, however, call CAPS with the student in your office. Once connection is made, hand the phone to the student.
As a member of the UNL faculty/staff ranks, you are eligible to benefit from specific UHC services. In some instances, your family is also eligible to use the service at the discretion of the UHC. Check here to see what services you are eligible for (hours and schedule for each service may change):