Faculty & Staff Services

Faculty & Staff Services
UHC Hours Appointments Meet Our Providers

As a member of the UNL faculty/staff ranks, you are eligible to benefit from specific UHC services. In some instances, your family is also eligible to use the service at the discretion of the UHC.

Services for Faculty & Staff Members

An allergy nurse is available to administer allergy injections on a regular basis.

The Dental Office offers comprehensive dental services including cleaning, check-ups, fillings, root canals, crowns, and relief from acute pain. Your family may also use the Dental Office. (Children 12 and older.)
Immunization Clinic and Travel Clinic

Immunizations including Hepatitis A, Hepatitis B, Influenza, MMR, Polio, Rabies, Tetanus, Diphtheria and more. Download Immunization & Price List

The UHC laboratory will accept orders for laboratory work from your medical provider. Lab results will be sent directly to your provider. The laboratory also performs wellness profiles for $25 on the first Wednesday of each month.

Optometry services including complete eye exams, contact lenses, prescriptions for glasses and glaucoma are provided.

The UHC pharmacy offers prescription and many over-the-counter medications. For your convenience, prescriptions may be delivered directly to your City Campus department.
Physical Therapy

Physical therapy offers treatment and rehabilitation for conditions affecting the muscles, bones and joints. A physician's referral is required for service.

A podiatrist visits the UHC once a week to evaluate feet problems.

Diagnostic x-rays are performed with a physician's referral using state-of-the-art digital equipment. All x-rays are interpreted by consulting radiologists. The Radiology Department cannot perform MRI's, cat scans or ultrasounds.
Other Services

The UHC staff will also check your blood pressure, temperature or allow you to use our scales. Simply stop by patient services and ask for available services.

Insurance Provider

The UHC is a Blue Cross Blue Shield PPO provider for all services and will automatically file your insurance.

Payment Methods

The UHC accepts cash, Visa, Mastercard, personal check or N-Card.

All University employees are required to file a payroll deduction form with the UHC.

If your UHC bill is not paid within 30 days your charges will automatically be deducted from your next paycheck.

What Do I Do If A...

Student/Staff/Faculty has a medical emergency? (For example - chest pain, loss of consciousness, seizure, etc.)
  • Call 9-911 if you are on-campus.
Student is ill?
  • Have the student call the UHC at 472-5000 to schedule an appointment or send them over to be seen by the triage nurse.
Student has an emotional, psychological or personal problem?
  • Have the student call Counseling and Psychological Services (CAPS) at the UHC at 472-7450. If it is a crisis, however, call CAPS with the student in your office. Once connection is made, hand the phone to the student.