The Medical Clinic provides care for many types of consultations, examinations, or treatments that a student might need, just as a family physician would provide in a student's home area.
The Medical Clinic is staffed by board certified physicians, nurse practitioners, physician assistants, nurses and medical assistants.
Services are provided on a scheduled appointment basis, with same-day appointments available on most days.We encourage students to see the same provider whenever possible. Seeing the same provider for your health care is the best way to establish a relationship with an individual who truly understands your health needs.
|Services Offered & Conditions Treated|
|Acute Minor Illness||
|Travel Clinic||Pre-travel counseling and immunizations for those traveling outside of the U.S.|
|Referral to Specialists||
|Eating Disorders||Complete description of services|
|Nutrition Services||Complete description of services|
Triage Nurse Services
For shorter wait times, call to schedule an appointment but for more urgent health concerns, Triage is an option.
If you have a medical question or concern, you may call the UHC nurse from 8:30 a.m. – 4:30 p.m. at 402-472-5000.
Use triage when:
- You are acutely ill, injured, have severe pain or high fever
- You have a medical question or concern to discuss with a registered nurse
The triage nurse can:
- Do the initial physical assessment of your problem/concern
- Test for Strep Throat if indicated by your symptoms
- Do pregnancy testing
- Refer you to a medical provider if needed
- Provide home care advice and recommendations
The triage nurse CANNOT:
- Prescribe antibiotics
- Refill prescriptions
- Order mono or other laboratory tests