The University Health Center offers Confidential, Free HIV TestingSimply ask your provider or nurse for a free HIV test as a part of your medical exam OR
Visit the University Health Center HIV Test Site
Open during the academic year starting August 31, 2015
Location: Jackie Gaughan Multicultural Center, Room 331Except for Thursday, September 17, 2015 - We will be in room 212.
- Mondays - 12PM to 2PM
- Thursdays - 12PM to 2PM
- HIV stands for Human Immunodeficiency Virus
- HIV is the virus that causes AIDS (Acquired Immuno Deficiency Syndrome)
- HIV is transmitted through exposure to infected blood, breast milk, semen or vaginal fluids
- Most people are exposed to these fluids through unprotected vaginal, anal or oral sex or through sharing needles
How can I reduce my risk?
- Practice safer sex, minimize your number of sexual partners, and don't share needles
- If you feel you are at risk, talk to one of our nurses trained in HIV prevention about making a risk reduction plan