The University Health Center offers confidential, free HIV testing and counseling for any fee paying UNL student.
Simply ask your provider or nurse for a free HIV test as a part of your medical exam.
Free HIV testing is also available Mondays (during the academic year) from 12 PM to 4 PM in the Jackie Gaughan Multicultural Center - room 331.
- HIV stands for Human Immunodeficiency Virus
- HIV is the virus that causes AIDS (Acquired Immuno Deficiency Syndrome)
- HIV is transmitted through exposure to infected blood, breast milk, semen or vaginal fluids
- Most people are exposed to these fluids through unprotected vaginal, anal or oral sex or through sharing needles
How can I reduce my risk?
- Practice safer sex, minimize your number of sexual partners, and don't share needles
- If you feel you are at risk, talk to one of our nurses trained in HIV prevention about making a risk reduction plan