As a college student, your plate is filled with many important things. With StudentBlue, healthcare coverage for college students like you, Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Nebraska can help protect you from the unexpected costs of illness or injury – so you can focus on the most important thing on your plate – your future!
The University of Nebraska teamed with Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Nebraska (BCBSNE) to offer a medical, prescription drug, and dental insurance plan to students who attend UNL. Coverage is also available for dependents.
Consider this plan if you have no insurance or if your current insurance does not:
- Cover services provided at the University Health Center
- Provide coverage if you decrease your credit hours
- Provide coverage because of age restrictions
- Provide adequate benefits
WHY BUY StudentBlue?
With this plan:
- You pay one premium (per coverage period) for all your BCBSNE medical, prescription drug, and dental insurance
- Covered University Health Center medical services are paid at 100% – including most laboratory, physical therapy, radiology, specialty, counseling, and psychological services, as well as annual exam expenses
- You get two healthy mouth check-ups at the University Dental Office
- You get optometry benefits
Learn More About StudentBlue Student Health Insurance
- About Medical, Prescription Drug, and Dental Coverage
Includes charts to show how BCBSNE pays benefits for some common types of expenses and information on how to enroll
- Schedule of Benefits Summary - Health Plan
- Schedule of Benefits Summary - Dental Plan
- StudentBlue Website
Open Enrollment Deadline
If you would like to enroll in StudentBlue, you must enroll through MyRed.
The deadline for open enrollment is September 15, 2014.
Insurance Waiver Deadlines - International Students
This coverage is mandatory for International Students unless proof of comparable insurance coverage is presented and a waiver is filed by the 14th day of classes. In the absence of a waiver, the insurance premium will be automatically placed on your Student Account Statement.
Insurance Waiver Deadlines - Graduate Assistants
Student insurance is provided as part of the University Graduate Assistant employment package. Non-participation in this program will require a completed waiver within 14 days of employment.