The University of Nebraska teamed up with Blue Cross Blue Shield of Nebraska to offer a highly affordable, convenient insurance plan for UNL students. StudentBlue Student Health Insurance from Blue Cross Blue Shield of Nebraska can help protect you from the unexpected costs of illness or injury. Blue Cross Blue Shield of Nebraska is there for you.
Who is Eligible for StudentBlue?
- This coverage is mandatory for UNL International Students.*
- This coverage is mandatory for UNL Graduate Assistants.*
- All other UNL students can voluntarily enroll in StudentBlue.
- Spouses, domestic partners, and children are eligible for coverage.
*Unless proof of comparable insurance coverage is presented and a waiver is filed.
Your benefits go far when you use the University Health Center. Most services are 100% covered.
WHEN YOU USE THE UNIVERSITY HEALTH CENTER SERVICE WHAT IS COVERED WHAT YOU NEED TO PAY Medical Clinic Everything* n/a Specialists
Dermatology, Gynecology, Optometry, Orthopedics
Everything* n/a Pharmacy Most prescriptions are partially covered.
- For Generic Drugs = $5 copay
- For Brand Name Drugs = $30 copay.
- For brand name drugs not covered under StudentBlue = $80 copay.
- 2 Healthy Mouth Cleanings
- 2 Exams
- 2 Sets of Bite Wing X-rays PER YEAR
- There is a $1,000 maximum payment per year from insurance.
Laboratory Everything* n/a Physical Therapy Everything* n/a Radiology Everything* n/a Counseling & Psychological Services Everything* n/a
*Medically necessary services are generally covered at 100% at the University Health Center.
The fee you pay to Blue Cross Blue Shield for your insurance coverage.
Fall Coverage Period
8/1/15 - 12/31/15
Spring/Summer Coverage Period
1/1/16 - 7/31/16
Student $842.35 $1,179.29 Spouse/Domestic Partner $842.35 $1,179.29 Each Child $477.75 $668.85
Note: An additional $10 administration fee per covered person per coverage period is charged.
Enrollment for the Spring/Summer 2016 Coverage Period is now closed.
This coverage is mandatory for International Students unless proof of comparable insurance coverage is presented and a waiver is filed. In the absence of a waiver, the insurance premium will be automatically placed on your Student Account Statement.
Student insurance is provided as part of the University Graduate Assistant employment package. Non-participation in this program will require a completed waiver.