What is Physical Therapy?
Physical Therapy offers the evaluation, treatment and rehabilitation of injuries and conditions affecting muscles, bones and joints by a staff including two licensed physical therapists.
UHC or personal medical provider referral may be required for treatment.
UNL students, faculty, and staff are all able to use the Physical Therapy Office at the UHC.
Common Problems We Help with:
- Back & Neck Pain
- Chronic Dysfunction
- Motor Vehicle Injuries
- Muscle Tension Headaches
- Post Surgical Rehabilitation
- Repetitive Strain Injuries
- Sports Injuries
Costs & Insurance
- All students, regardless of whether they have health insurance or what actual type of insurance they have, are eligible to receive physical therapy at the University Health Center.
- Students who have paid their UNL student fees receive Physical Therapy at a reduced rate, which means that those students who have paid their fees will pay less than those who haven’t paid their health fees. In comparison to other clinics in the area, our visit costs are on average about 50% less.
- Our appointments are generally longer and more individualized than other clinics, allowing you more quality time with your therapist.
- It is always recommended to contact your insurance company about your specific coverage and have this information prior to your first appointment. Call your insurance company via the phone number on the card, and explain you have been prescribed Physical Therapy, and that there is a clinic here on campus. Then ask what percentage or amount they will cover if you receive Physical Therapy here at the UHC.
- Every student has the option of where they would like to undergo Physical Therapy. Once you have spoken with your insurance company, please call the UHC Billing and Insurance Office at 402‐472‐7435 to discuss the specific costs of your visits. You can also walk-in during UHC business hours to speak to a UHC Billing and Insurance representative.
- Any charges not covered by health insurance are the patient’s responsibility.
UHC Physical Therapy is a Blue Cross Blue Shield PPO Provider.
We will file claims for all other insurance companies.
|Therapeutic Exercises (per 15 minutes)||$40|
What to Expect at Physical Therapy
What's causing the problem?
Explanation of impairments as related to symptoms
A Plan for Correction
Program of treatment interventions designed specifically to meet the therapist goals and patient goals
- Education to Prevent Injury
- Exercises and Stretches
- Injury Assessment
- Isokinetic Testing
- Manual Therapy such as Massage, Joint Mobilization
- Post-Surgical Rehabilitation
- Postural Restoration and Education
- Treatment Modalities for pain relief