USE TRIAGE WHEN:
- You are acutely ill, injured, have severe pain or high fever
- You have a medical question or concern to discuss with a registered nurse
THE TRIAGE NURSE CAN:
- Do the initial physical assessment of your problem/concern
- Test for Strep Throat if indicated by your symptoms
- Do pregnancy testing
- Refer you to a medical provider if needed
- Provide home care advice and recommendations
TRIAGE NURSE CANNOT:
- Prescribe antibiotics
- Refill prescriptions
- Order mono or other laboratory tests
OR TALK TO A UHC NURSE
If you have a medical concern and can't come to the UHC, you can call and talk to a nurse.
After Hours Information
NOTE: UHC student fees do not cover after-hours weekend or emergency medical care services.
We recommend you contact your insurance company to verify urgent care network participation, benefits, copays and deductibles specific to your plan before seeking care.
Please take your insurance card with you when you go to an Urgent Care Clinic or Emergency Room.
If you need medical care when the Health Center is closed, contact one of the urgent care clinics below. They provide evening and weekend health care for non life-threatening acute problems.