The University Health Center and Nebraska Medicine are committed to offering job shadowing for students. The job shadowing experience is designed to be a one-time observation-only experience, lasting approximately two hours. The job shadowing experience does not fulfill any clinical or internship requirements, nor does it provide any hands-on experience. Job shadowing is for individual participants only and is not available for groups of students. Job shadowing is available Monday through Friday from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.
To maintain the integrity we have with our patients, we require anyone who comes into contact with our patients to complete the submission process to learn about HIPPA, dress code and more.
How to Submit a Job Shadow Request
- Visit the Nebraska Medicine job shadowing program website
- Select the gray box entitled “HOW TO APPLY” and select the red button entitled "BEGIN THE APPLICATION PROCESS." Follow the instructions as outlined on the next page
- After you've completed the job shadow application, you must print it, sign it and bring it with you on the day of your job shadow
- Someone will be in contact with you to schedule your job shadow
Day of Job Shadow
- The University Health Center is located at 1500 U St. Metered parking is available along 16th Street, and the closest parking garage is located at 14th and Q Streets. Parking in the patient or staff parking lots behind the University Health Center is not permitted; you will be ticketed or towed
- Once you have parked and arrived at the University Health Center, please head to Administration, room 209, to retrieve your temporary job shadow badge and turn in your completed job shadow application
For questions, email email@example.com
Exploring Health Careers
The University Health Center offers other ways for students to explore careers in the health field.
- Medical career educational events and tours of the University Health Center
- Celebrations of national health weeks with activities to get students involved
For more information about how the University Health Center can help students explore careers in the health field, please call: 402.472.5000.