How to Use CAPS
- Call (402) 472-7450 to schedule an appointment. The appointment will be scheduled ASAP. Assistance is available from Monday thru Friday, 7:30 a.m. to 5 p.m.
Have you experienced a personal, psychological or physical trauma recently? Has your level of distress increased significantly? Has someone asked you to come to CAPS or another mental health resource? Are you having thoughts or have you made a plan to hurt yourself or others? Has a friend, intimate partner or family member hurt you physically or emotionally?
- Call (402) 472-7450, assistance is available 24/7.
- Individual and Relationship Counseling
- Support and Therapy Groups
- International Student Services
- Eating Disorders Treatment Team
- Alcohol and Other Drug Counseling
- Online Mental Wellness Screenings
Privacy and Confidentiality: All CAPS services are confidential. All records are accessible only to CAPS staff. Information is released only with the written consent of the client, except as required by law. (Title IX Information)
Monday – Friday: 7:30 a.m. to 5 p.m.
To make an appointment, call (402) 472-7450
or stop by the University Health Center
Meet the Nebraska Medicine CAPS Staff
Students who have paid current student fees receive their first four counseling sessions for no charge.