We are committed to diversity
Diversity means something different for each person or entity.
At Counseling and Psychological Services, diversity is our commitment to recognizing, affirming, promoting and celebrating the many ways we as individuals and as communities are unique. These differences include age, body type and size, citizenship status, culture, disability status, education, gender identify and expression, language, mental health status, nationality, political affiliation, race and ethnicity, relational and family status, religious belief and sexual orientation, socioeconomic status and spirituality.
We want all people to feel welcome at Counseling and Psychological Services. The success of every student is our goal.
- Counseling and Psychological Services is strongly committed to meeting the needs of our diverse student population
- Our staff members represent a variety of individual and cultural diversities
- CAPS formed a staff diversity focus group whose sole goal is to ensure the services and outreach methods CAPS offer are mindful of the entire campus community
- We encourage and facilitate multicultural development for CAPS staff
- CAPS offers services in Spanish, Mandarin, Portuguese and American Sign Language