Need Immediate Assistance?
Call 911 or campus police (2-2222) if you or someone you know is a danger to themselves or others.
If you are with a student who is experiencing a crisis, walk them over to the Counseling and Psychological Services office on level two of Nebraska Medicine – University Health Center during normal business hours. If it is after business hours, have them call Counseling and Psychological Services at 402.472.5000. We have licensed professionals on call 24/7 to assist students in crisis.
At this time, we can only provide counseling services to students. If you are a faculty/staff member and need assistance, consult the university’s Employee Assistance Program or one of these hotlines:
- Lancaster County Mental Health Crisis Center: 402.441.8276
- CenterPointe Crisis Response: 402.475.6695
- Domestic Violence Hotline: 1.800.799.7233
- LGBT National Hotline: 1.888.843.4564
- Military Veterans Suicide Hotline: 1.800.273.TALK (Press 1)
- National Suicide Prevention Lifeline: 1.800.273.TALK (8255)
- National 24/7 Suicide Hotline: 1.800.SUICIDE (784.2433)
- National Suicide Hotline – Spanish: 1.800.273.TALK (Press 2)
- Sexual Assault Hotline: 1.800.656.4673