Centrally located on campus, Nebraska Medicine–University Health Center provides a convenient source of health care services.
The University Health Center is one of the most comprehensive outpatient facilities in Lincoln, offering a variety of medical, dental and counseling services for students.
When your student is ill or injured, have her/him call the University Health Center at 402.472.5000 to make an appointment. The University Health Center is conveniently open Monday through Saturday.
Same day appointments may be available, but we encourage students to make an appointment so they do not have to wait.
The pre-enrollment health requirement must be met by all University of Nebraska-Lincoln students.
Your student must:Provide proof of two rubeola measles/MMR immunizations or provide a positive rubeola lab result
- A copy of your school immunization record or health care provider immunization record is required to show proof of two MMRs; OR
- Positive rubeola lab report
Protect yourself and others, avoid serious disease or illness, avoid potential complications from diseases and avoid missed days/semester of school.Recommended Immunizations
Human Papillomavirus (HPV)
CDC Vaccine/Disease Info, Immunization Information VIS
Can prevent most cases of cervical cancer and genital warts
Recommended for both females and males 9 to 26 years of age
The University Health Center would like to help make the transition to college life as easy as possible for you and your student. Below are some items you need to complete or send with your student so they are ready for their first office visit.
Power of Attorney Form
If your student is under 19 years old.
Confidential Medical History Form
We encourage parents to fill this form and send it with your student, to help us provide better health care for your student.
Give your student a copy of ALL insurance cards (medical, pharmacy, dental, etc.) for their wallet
Photocopies acceptable (front and back of card)
The University Health Center can file claims at time of service if your student has a copy of the insurance card
List of Allergies
Assists with prescribing medications
A provider's copy of the current prescription to fill a new order or container with current pharmacy name and number of refills to transfer the prescription
University Health Center medical providers recommend the following items for a well-stocked college student's medicine cabinet:
- Acetaminophen or Ibuprofen for pain relief or fever
- Antacid like Tums®, Rolaids®, Maalox® or Mylanta® for upset stomach
- Antihistamine for runny nose due to allergy or colds (chlorpheniramine or Claritin®)
- Decongestant for stuffy nose due to colds (pseudoephedrine)
- Saline nasal spray for nasal congestion
- Throat lozenges or hard candy for sore or irritated throat
- Antibacterial ointment, like Polysporin®
- Aloe vera gel for burn and skin irritation
- 1% hydrocortisone cream for insect bites and skin irritations
General Medical Supplies
- Adhesive bandages of various sizes for small wounds and blisters
- Gauze and tape for bigger wounds
- Elastic wrap (ACE® Wrap)
- Ice or heat pack (Icy Hot®)
- Sun screen, SPF 15 or greater
- Tweezers and small scissors
- Insect repellent
- Lip balm
- Skin moisturizer
- Hand sanitizer
The University Health Center pharmacy has generics of these medications and medical supplies.
University Health Center FAQs Free Services for Students News and Events Book a Well-Being Presentation