|UPCOMING FLU SHOT CLINICS|
|Thursday, November 6th||8 AM to 9 AM||University Health Center - First Floor|
|Tuesday, November 18th||11 AM to 12:30 PM||City Campus Union|
|Wednesday, November 19th||11 AM to 12:30 PM||East Campus Union|
We will be giving the quadrivalent flu vaccine.
Flu clinics are first come, first serve. Please plan for some wait time.
You are welcome to download and bring your completed Influenza Vaccination and Consent Form 2014-2015If you are not able to attend a flu clinic, you may make an appointment at the University Health Center to get your flu shot or FluMist. You can also walk in during select hours. See below for more information.
As of October 28, 2014, we are offering the quadrivalent flu vaccine.
To receive your free flu shot, you can:
- Come to a Flu Clinic (listed above)
- Make an appointment by calling: (402) 472-5000
- Walk in:
- Monday-Wednesday = 8am to 11:30am AND 1:30pm to 4:30pm
- Thursday = 9am to 11:30am AND 1:30pm to 4:30pm
- Friday = 8am to 11:30am AND 1:30pm to 4:00pm
For information on the differences between the trivalent flu vaccine and the quadrivalent flu vaccine, click here.
Flu shots are offered for faculty and staff members. See below for more information.
As of October 28, 2014, we are now offering Flumist for people 49 years old or younger.
- FluMist is free for students.
- Faculty and staff members can also receive Flumist. The charge is $36.
- You need to make an appointment by calling: 402-472-5000. You cannot walk in for FluMist. You must make an appointment.
Note: There are restrictions for people getting Flumist.
You should get the flu shot instead of the nasal spray if you:
- are pregnant
- have a weakened immune system
- are allergic to eggs
- are a young child with asthma or wheezing problems
- are a child or adolescent on long-term aspirin therapy
- will provide care for, or visit someone, within the next 7 days who needs special care for an extremely weakened immune system (ask your health care provider)
- have taken influenza antiviral medications in the past 48 hours
For more information, please consult the Influenza Vaccine Information Statement (VIS) - Intranasal FluMist.
- Flu shots are offered for faculty and staff members.
- Prices are $30 for the trivalent flu vaccine and $35 for the quadrivalent flu vaccine.
- UHC will file Blue Cross Blue Shield and Medicare claims.
- Please bring a COPY of your insurance card at the time of vaccination in order for us to file a claim.
- If you have Blue Cross Blue Shield - you do not need to bring payment. For all other insurances - you do need to bring payment.
- For all other insurances, an insurance form will be provided for you to file your claim.