Considering a Nexplanon
If you decide to have a NEXPLANON inserted, please call the University Health Center at 402-472-7477 to schedule your appointment.
It is your responsibility to check with your insurance regarding insurance coverage for an NEXPLANON insertion. If the NEXPLANON service is not paid by your insurance, you will be responsible for all charges.Questions to ask your insurance company:
- Is the NEXPLANON device/procedure covered?
- Is the University Health Center a preferred provider or do I need to go elsewhere?
- How much do I have to pay?
- Ask your insurance to fax a copy of coverage to the University Health Center at 402-472-4593.
(If your insurance company asks for procedure codes, call the health center at 402-472-5000, and press 7 to speak to someone in the Medical Records Office.)
Things to remember before your appointment:
- Please eat something before you come. You can take three to four (200 mg) ibuprofen (with food) 30 to 60 minutes before appointment.
- Abstinence (have had no sexual intercourse) is REQUIRED seven days prior to your appointment. A urine pregnancy test will be done the day of your NEXPLANON insertion (an additional charge) so please check in 20 minutes prior to your appointment.
- Continue your current birth control method prior to NEXPLANON insertion.
- NEXPLANON does not provide protection from sexually transmitted infections. Condoms should be used.
You may have break through bleeding for several months after NEXPLANON placement.
You will be charged $25 for a late cancellation (less than two hours notice) or a failed appointment.