OTC items are medications or products that do not require a prescription to be purchased. Examples include medicines, pregnancy tests and emergency contraception, vitamins, bandages, etc. Our pharmacy team can help you choose the appropriate items for your needs.
Most of our products are offered at a lower rate than what students may find at off-campus drug stores. The pharmacy offers free 24-hour doses of ibuprofen, antacid and acetaminophen upon request.
We offer mostly generic products to save students money. Generic products are made of the same active ingredients as brand-name products and are just as effective. If there is a product you need that we do not routinely stock, let us know so that we can try to special order it for you.
Ask The Pharmacist
Our pharmacy team’s goal is to ensure all students fully understand the medication they are prescribed. Here are questions to ask when filling prescriptions or buying over-the-counter items:
- How often should I take this medication?
- Will it interact with other medications I’m taking?
- Can I take this on an empty stomach or with food?
- What are the possible side effects?
- How should I store the medication?
- What do I do if I miss a dose?
Confidential and Private
Purchases are confidential and are not visible on your student account. Here are additional considerations to help you maintain your privacy:
- If you are submitting a charge to insurance, consider who may receive the explanation of benefits, such as a parent, guardian or partner
- A curbside pickup stall is available in our parking lot and can be used if you have symptoms or wish to avoid seeing others when picking up your purchase