Most services at the University Health Center require an appointment.
Appointments can be scheduled by calling 402-472-5000 or in person at the medical check-in desk on level two. Return patients can schedule certain follow-up appointments with their provider on the One Chart | Patient Portal.
Medical Appointment Line Hours
- Monday thru Friday: 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.
- Saturday and Sunday: Closed
Saturdays are reserved for same-day, immediate care visits. The number of patients seen is limited, and visits are available on a first come, first served basis. Students may call 402-472-5000 before walking over to check availability.
The average wait time for a non-acute medical appointment is two to three business days.
The University Health Center is not an urgent care facility, meaning we offer a limited number of same-day appointments for students with severe illnesses and injuries. Same-day appointments are first come, first served. Examples of same-day concerns include an asthma attack, allergic reactions, dehydration, fever of 103 degrees or higher and burning with urination.
Before walking in to request a same-day appointment, or if you aren't sure your condition requires immediate attention, call 402-472-5000 to inquire about appointment availability or have a nurse assess your concern. We recommend calling early in the day when more appointments are likely to be available. If same-day appointments are unavailable or if your condition is severe, you may be referred to a nearby urgent care facility or emergency room. Learn more about urgent and emergency care in Lincoln.
Dental Appointment Line Hours
- Monday through Thursday: 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.
- Friday: 8 a.m. to 12 p.m.
- Saturday and Sunday: Closed
Five Things to Remember When Scheduling Appointments
- Arrive 20 minutes early so you can get checked in and fill out any required paperwork before your scheduled appointment. If you arrive more than 10 minutes late, you may be asked to reschedule and offered the soonest available appointment with the same or other provider.
- Be clear and specific when calling for an appointment.
- Avoid scheduling an appointment within an hour of another class or commitment because appointments may take longer than expected.
- Bring your NCard and insurance card (picture or copy of mom or dad’s is OK) to every appointment. If you are 18 and visiting the health center for the first time, have your parent fill out and have notarized this Power of Attorney Form and bring it with you.
- If you need to cancel your appointment, please call as soon as possible. When students make appointments and don’t show up or call in advance, it reduces appointment availability for other students. This is why it’s important to carefully check your schedule, plan ahead and call as soon as you know your appointment won’t work for you.
Certain forms listed below may be required for your appointment. Only fill out forms as directed by health center staff. For questions, call 402-472-5000.
- Power of Attorney Form for students who are 18 | Versión en Español | POA Frequently Asked Questions
- 2019-20 Flu Vaccination Form
- Medical History Form
- Dental Health History Form
- Travel Medical History Form (For study abroad program physicals, bring the printed requirements list found on MyWorld)
- Allergy History Form
- Student Absence Form (If you missed class due to an illness or injury, contact your instructor immediately. She or he my have you fill out this form and return it to them.)
For authorization forms to release your health records, learn more about releasing records.