- University of Nebraska-Lincoln students
- University of Nebraska-Lincoln faculty and staff
Hours of Service
Monday and Thursday: 7:30 a.m. to 7 p.m.
Tuesday and Wednesday: 7:30 a.m. to 6 p.m.
Friday: 7:30 a.m. to 5 p.m.
Saturday: 9 a.m. to 12:30 p.m.
Sunday: ClosedMAKE AN APPOINTMENT
Services Covered By Student Fees
- Doctor-ordered chlamydia, gonorrhea and HIV screenings (STI testing FAQs)
- Doctor-ordered wellness profile
About Our Services
Nebraska Medicine–University Health Center staffs a medical laboratory in house for your convenience. For most laboratory tests, results are available the same day.
Our lab staff will perform tests ordered by medical providers outside the University Health Center. An order from a medical provider is required for most tests. Test results will be faxed to the patient's medical provider.
Available Monday – Friday
8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
Wellness profiles give you a snapshot of your health and detect possible problems. Profiles include total cholesterol, LDL cholesterol, HDL cholesterol, triglycerides, hemoglobin and glucose.
Student wellness profile are no charge for those who have paid student fees if a profile was ordered by a provider at a doctor's appointment.
Self-referred wellness profiles for faculty and staff are $25. They must be paid for at the time of service, and they cannot be submitted to insurance. Doctor-ordered wellness profiles for faculty and staff may be submitted to insurance.
We recommend fasting for 10 to 12 hours before a wellness profile.
Questions? Call the lab at 402.472.7583.
If your tuberculosis test results are negative, you will find the results in your MyRed account about two weeks after completing the tuberculosis blood test.
To view your results in MyRED:
- Click on Applicant tab
- Click on Additional Services
- Click on Health Requirement
- Click on View and Add Attachment
If you have a positive test: A letter will be sent to you.
- Make an appointment to see the immunization nurse for a chest X-ray and additional lab
- Bring your results letter to the University Health Center
- Check-in at front desk to see the nurse
- Make an appointment to see a physician to review your X-ray and lab results