NESIIS has been made available to the public for your convenience.
It can be accessed on the Nebraska Department of Health and Human Services website
You will no longer have to wait to contact your Dr.’s office during business hours to obtain a copy of your immunization record. NESIIS is available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. This is a great tool to monitor immunizations and it is easily accessible.
In order to access NESIIS records you must be able to provide the following information: first and last name, date of birth and social security number of the person you are looking up. The system looks for a record that matches all the data you have entered. It will display a list of immunizations the person has received for you to view and print off. The system will also list the vaccines that the person currently needs.
If you attempt to search for an immunization record but cannot find it, you may have mistyped some of the person's information. Please double check that you have entered the information correctly on the screen, and perform the search again.
Here are some reasons the system may still be unable to find the immunization record you are searching for:
- The person's immunization record may not have been recorded in NESIIS.
- The person's immunization record is in the system, but there is no social security number stored in the registry.
- The person's immunization record is in the system, but the name, date of birth, social security number is stored incorrectly.
Please contact your physician’s office to determine if they are using NESIIS in their practice and if so, ask them to update the necessary information.
Benefits for Public Access
- Ability to instantly print a child’s official immunization record for school enrollment
- Prevents unnecessary immunizations
- Assists with identifying missing immunizations
- Assists in interpreting the complex vaccination schedule requirements and new vaccines or changes
- Saves parents time going to the doctor’s office or clinic to obtain a copy of their children’s
- Provides schools with quick easy access to immunization records, even if the child received vaccines at more than one clinic.
- Provides a reminder for due or over-due immunizations.
1-888-433-2510 or 402-471-0133