Save time and hassle by filling your prescriptions on campus at the University Health Center Pharmacy. We fill prescriptions from health center providers, community providers and providers from out of state.
If you are prescribed a new medication, tell your provider to send the script to us. To transfer a current prescriptions to the health center, call us at 402.472.7457 and our team will take care of it. It's helpful to have the prescription bottle handy as the pharmacy team will ask you questions about the information on the label
We recommend requesting refills 48 hours in advance if you do not have refills remaining. When you pick up your prescriptions, our pharmacy team will take the time to help you fully understand the medicine, including any side effects.
We offer worry-free automatic refills, and 90-day supply are available for certain prescriptions. Certain prescriptions, such as birth control, are offered at a discounted rate.
Free mail order is available. Call the pharmacy at 402.472.7457 and request to have your prescription shipped directly to your home.Shipping takes approximately three to four business days. At this time, we can only ship within the state of Nebraska. Please note that 60- and 90-day supplies may be unavailable due to nationwide medication shortages.
Manage Prescriptions on the Go
With the Nebraska Medicine Pharmacy app you can:
- Request refills
- Check a prescription status
- Schedule refill reminders
- Set reminders to take your medications
- Manage your prescription profile and view your prescription history
To download the app, text "APP" to 54053 or visit one of the following app stores:
Get text message notifications when your prescription is ready for pickup, in the mail or ready for refill. Enroll by calling 402.472.7457.
Know Before You Go
- Bring your prescription insurance information with you. Actual card or a photo of the front and back of your card will do. Please note that some insurance providers have separate medical and prescription cards, in which case you will need to bring your prescription card only
- The pharmacy accepts most major prescription insurance plans. The pharmacy also accepts cash, check, NCard, Health Savings Account cards and major credit cards. Copay assistance options are available, and we offer free enrollment assistance
- Full payment is required at the time of pick up. We cannot bill student accounts
Ask The Pharmacist
Our pharmacy team’s goal is to ensure all students fully understand the medication they are prescribed. Here are questions to ask when filling prescriptions or buying over-the-counter items:
- How often should I take this medication?
- Will it interact with other medications I’m taking?
- Can I take this on an empty stomach or with food?
- What are the possible side effects?
- How should I store the medication?
- What do I do if I miss a dose?
Confidential and Private
Purchases are confidential and are not visible on your student account. Here are additional considerations to help you maintain your privacy:
- If you are submitting a charge to insurance, consider who may receive the explanation of benefits, such as a parent, guardian or partner
- A curbside pickup stall is available in our parking lot and can be used if you have symptoms or wish to avoid seeing others when picking up your purchase