Sexual and Reproductive Health Services
Hours of Service
Monday through Friday: 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.
Saturday and Sunday: ClosedMAKE AN APPOINTMENT
- University of Nebraska students from all campuses
Services Covered By Student Fees
- Doctor-ordered chlamydia, gonorrhea and HIV testing is covered by student fees and other testing may be covered by grants
- Most other sexual and reproductive health services are not covered by student fees
Inclusive, Confidential Services
Taking care of your sexual and reproductive health is important at every age and for all genders. We offer a supportive, nonjudgmental environment where you can get your questions answered and receive the sexual and reproductive health care you need to stay well. Keep reading to learn more about our services.
Annual Gynecological and Sexual Health Exams
Everyone, regardless of sex or gender identity, should have a routine wellness exam annually. If you have a vagina, we offer pelvic exams and pap smears (if applicable). If you have a penis, we offer exams of the penis, scrotum and testicles.
Birth Control and Contraception
Contraception is much more than just condoms. The pill? The patch? An IUD? How can you choose the right birth control method for your needs?
Human papillomavirus (HPV) is very common and can cause anal, back of throat, cervical, vaginal and vulvar cancers as well genital warts. The HPV vaccine is the best way to protect yourself.
Sexually Transmitted Infection Testing
One in two sexually active people will have a sexually transmitted infection (STI) by age 25. If you are having sex, consider getting tested for STIs.
Pregnancy Testing and Referrals
Pregnancy testing is available through our laboratory and our pharmacy. The health center does not currently provide obstetric, abortion or family planning services, but we can refer patients to community resources that can assist with their needs
Treatment for Pelvic Pain, Infections and Other Concerns
From pelvic pain and period concerns to erectile dysfunction and hair loss, we provide problem-focused care to help you find answers and get treatment.
PrEP and PEP Prescriptions
Pre-exposure prophylaxis (PrEP) is a daily medicine that can stop HIV from replicating inside the body and can be prescribed to people at high risk for HIV. Post-exposure prophylaxis (PEP) is for people who have possibly been exposed to HIV and is given in emergencies.
Looking to expand your knowledge of sexual and reproductive health? Check out these links:
- Services are open to University of Nebraska students only and are available Monday through Friday from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.
- A doctor’s referral is not required to be seen
- Call 402-472-5000 to schedule an appointment
If you are a person who menstruates:
- Avoid penetrative sexual intercourse, tampon use, douching and vaginal medications at least two days before your visit
- Come prepared to share the first day of your last menstrual period and any other notable changes to or concerns you have about your menstrual cycle
Doctor-ordered chlamydia, gonorrhea and HIV testing is covered by student fees. Other testing may be covered by grants. Most other gynecological visits are not covered by student fees and will incur a charge. To determine how much your visit will cost, we recommend contacting your health insurance provider for coverage information.
Patients are responsible for any charges not covered by insurance. If you do not have insurance, you can pay out of pocket at a discounted rate or apply for the Financial Assistance Program.
Click here to learn more about cost and insurance.