Our telehealth home video visits connect you with University Health Center board-certified providers whenever, and wherever, it’s most convenient for you. Telehealth is available for the following services: primary care, mental health medication management and physical therapy services.
Telehealth Visit Instructions
From your phone:
From your computer:
Help! Can someone walk me through this?
If you have browsed the instructions listed above and still need help, call 402.559.0700.
You must meet the following criteria to be eligible for a telehealth visit:
- Have access to an electronic device with video and microphone capabilities, such as a mobile phone or laptop
- Be able to participate in the telehealth visit from a private location
- Have an existing One Chart | Patient account or create one here
- Be physically located in Nebraska or another eligible state at the time of the telehealth visit per medical licensure laws (If you are located outside of Nebraska, call 402.472.5000 to inquire about location eligibility.)
Download the Nebraska Medicine Mobile App
The Nebraska Medicine app makes it easy to manage your health care needs on the go, and now it’s better than ever. The easiest way to access a telehealth visit is through our mobile app.
If you prefer to use a computer, sign up or log in through the One Chart | Patient portal.
Telehealth visits allow you to meet with your University Health Center provider from the comfort of your home via mobile device or computer.
Our video conferencing system ensures a high level of security. The technology is designed specifically to protect patient information.
Shorter wait times
Getting in to see a provider can take time. Telehealth makes it possible to see a provider sooner.
Technical skills aren’t necessary
Telehealth uses technology to deliver your health care in a way that works for you. Simple, easy-to-follow instructions are available.
Conditions of Treatment Additional Information
Telehealth Visit Preparation
- Please complete this checklist to prepare for a telehealth appointment.
- For the best experience, follow these tips to ensure you’re getting the most out of your virtual visit.
- Please log in no more than 10 minutes prior to your scheduled appointment time. If your health care provider is running a few minutes late, the screen will say "please wait for the host to start this meeting." Your provider will be there soon.
- If you still have questions after completing the checklist, please call 402.559.0700 for assistance before your scheduled appointment time.
Frequently Asked Questions
Is there a charge for telehealth visits?
Student fees cover telehealth visits for most primary care services. Telehealth visits for physical therapy and mental health medication have a charge, which can be submitted to your insurance.